Retired Library Staff
The Retired Library Staff Interest Group is a discussion group that addresses the changes, challenges, and opportunities we experience in retirement! This group discusses interests and retirement concerns, plans field trips, and shares their knowledge and expertise in an informal environment. Our meetings are free and open to all interested parties from all types of libraries, including those considering retirement in the near future.
Convener: Ron Frommeyer, University of Cincinnati, Retired, and Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium (GCLC), Retired, email@example.com From the Last Meeting: Most of us are busy working on the OKI (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana) Children’s Literature Conference, November 3, 2012. We’d love to see you there and have your help for next year!
OKI Registration: http://oki.nku.edu/registration/
- What Color Is Your Parachute? for Retirement: Planning Now for the Life You Want by Richard N. Booles and John E. Nelson (Suggested by: Ron Frommeyer)
- Reinventing Retiremen: 389 Ideas About Family, Friends, Health, Travel, What to Do and Where to Live by Miriam Goodman (Suggested by: Ron Frommeyer
- Capturing Our Stories: Developing a National Oral History Program of Retiring/Retired Librarians. Click the Provided Link:http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~stories/index.html
- Library Thing is asking for cataloging volunteers to work on their legacy libraries collection. Click the provided link:http://www.librarything.com/blog/2008/07/legacy-libraries-call-for-volunteers.php
How to Join the Mailing List (electronic listserv)
· 1)Go to SWON Libraries’ mail manager: https://lists.swonlibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/retired
· 2)Fill in the short form (name, email address and password, which is optional)
· 3)You will be notified within a couple of days of your subscription approval.
Contact the Group: firstname.lastname@example.org